Review: Infinity Dragonfly: Renegade Souls #1





Star Trek Voyager was my introduction to space operas. From there I went back and watched the original series, TNG and DS9. Then I fell in love with Firefly and, lately, The Orville.

All of the foregoing shows have two things in common: space battles and great stories.

I’ve always wished though that they’d produce an edgier version of Star Trek. While I yet have to see that come to pass on the small screen, my wish has already been granted via the comic book format by the indie comic called Infinity Dragonfly by Zak Webber.

In the first issue, we are introduced to the crew of an old, retrofitted colony ship that’s been modified for interstellar war. What makes this different from the aforementioned shows is that this comic is not afraid to go where others have not gone before. And this being an indie book, it has the potential to be as graphic as it wants to be.

The art style is something like if Moebius relied more on computer programs to illustrate his stories. After a few pages, the artist’s style grew on me and the first issue proved to be a fun, fun read.

I highly recommend this book for those who can’t get enough of interstellar war stories.


Oliver Francisco 

 

Infinity Dragonfly: Renegade Souls #1

 

Read FREE online

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the NEXUS!

Review: Toxx

SCI-FI COMIC ARTIST